Jockey Club Student Village III offers altogether more than 1,700 places for full-time local and non-local, undergraduate and postgraduate students who pursue studies on government-funded courses. They will provide the much needed residential places for the University student population.
The table below shows a quick guide on which round of admission exercise applicants shall go through if apply for residential membership in four Residential Colleges.
|Residents of Halls/ Residential Colleges OR
Students returning from exchange who had resided in Halls/ Residential Colleges immediately prior to exchange
|Round 1 Admission
(Opens in around April each year)
|Non-residents of Halls/ Colleges||Round 2 Admission
(Opens in around mid-August each year)
|Newly Admitted Students||Newly Admitted Non-Local
Undergraduate Students Admission
Round 1 Admission
The Round 1 Admission for residential membership opens in around April in each year. Please refer to the website of CEDARS here for Information on Hall Admission. The following students are eligible in Round 1 Admission:
- Residents in residential halls/ Residential Colleges in current year seeking re-admission to the same hall/ college next year
- Residents in residential halls/ Residential Colleges in current year seeking re-admission to another hall/ college next year
- Students returning from exchange who had been residing in a residential hall/ Residential College immediately prior to exchange
Round 2 Admission
The Round 2 Admission for residential membership opens in around mid August in each year. Please refer to the announcement of the University for the schedule of Admission. The following students are eligible in Round 2 Admission:
- Current students who have no prior experience living in residential halls/ Residential Colleges *
* Choices of four Residential Colleges are not open for Postgraduate students in Round 2 Admission. Postgraduate students who wish to apply for residential membership in any of the Residential Colleges may submit application in the PG Housing application system.
Postgraduate students who wish to apply for accommodation in Colleges at Jockey Club Student Village III may place an application at the PG Housing Application System administered by CEDARS. Please visit the page for more information and application procedures.
Newly Admitted Non-Local Undergraduate Students Admission
For application for accommodation for Newly-admitted Non-local Undergraduate Students (including incoming exchange students), please visit http://www.cedars.hku.hk/campuslife/accommodation/nonlocal-students for more information and application.
Students may contact the Housing Team of CEDARS at email@example.com in case any advice on other housing options is needed.
Central Clearing House
For students who have missed the deadline of application in the round they are eligible for, they may pay attention to the Central Clearing House, which opens in September each year until April of the subsequent year, to see if there are any remaining places in Residential Halls and Residential Colleges.
Should there be any enquiries, please contact the General Office of JCSVIII at:
Tel: (852) 3917-1419